Vitamins for Ankle Pain
Most common ankle pains can be treated and cured if caught early. It is important to not dismiss ankle pain as conditions that cause the pain can worsen over time. Strains and sprains account for a great deal of ankle pain complaints. Vitamins and minerals can strengthen ankles and keep problems and pain at bay.
1. Sprains, strains and other ankle injuries should always be checked by a doctor. Although many people may try to self- medicate with over-the-counter pain medicines and ice packs, a doctor will prescribe a course of treatment, rest, and advice to prevent further and future injury.
2. Calcium helps build strong and healthy bones. Adequate calcium intake guards against susceptibility to sprain, strain, breaks and joint pain.
3. Vitamin D3 is an essential component in building and maintaining healthy bones. Calcium cannot be absorbed without vitamin D3, and bone loss, weakened bones and joint pain can result. Optimal results are achieved when calcium and vitamin D3 are combined.
5. , an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, helps rebuild damaged tissue. Vitamin C is needed to make collagen, protein for tissues and cartilage. These all help cushion and soften the impact on the body's joints.
6. Omega-3 essential fatty-acids also act as an anti-inflammatory and help reduce pain, swelling and joint discomfort. Omega 3s are found in salmon, tuna,