- Stay off the affected foot. As with any foot injuries, repeated use aggravates the inflamed tendon. In severe cases of tendinitis, crutches relieve pressure off the
- Soon after the injury, apply ice compresses to the injured areas. The ice will decrease inflammation and swelling. Ice the tendon for 20 minutes several times a day.
- Apply warm compresses, like a heating pad or warm foot soaks to encourage blood flow to the area. The increased blood flow will promote faster healing.
Compression and Splint
- An elastic bandage wraps the ankle, or a foot splint provides comfort during the healing process.
- Anti-inflammatory medications decrease the swelling around the Achilles tendon and to help relieve pain.
Achilles Tendinitis Relief
A tendon is a band of tissue connecting muscle to bone in the body. Achilles tendinitis is a medical condition where the Achilles tendon is inflamed or irritated. The Achilles tendon runs behind the heel and up the calf on the leg. Pain is a classic symptom of tendinitis. Home therapies are available for treating Achilles tendonitis, which heals in about four to six weeks.